What is web maintenance?
There are two aspects to maintenance required :
- to keep a website’s functions working properly, and
- to keep the content accurate and up to date.
Without server maintenance and regular updates to the software, you run an increased risk of being hacked, spammed or your site being used to spam or hack other sites. Over 90% of internet email traffic is spam The repair cost can run into hundreds, or even thousands of dollars. Your business reputation will also suffer as clients go elsewhere.
Keeping your information up to date is vital. Most web developers get paid to build a site, then dump it on some cheap hosting and forget all about it. After all, they did a job and got paid. Like a car – your site purchase does not end at the dealership. It requires hosting and maintenance. We do both. We pick up where the developer left off. We ensure broken links are fixed, your updates are processed quickly and the odd jobs attended to.
The more often content is updated and added, the more often it will be visited and noted to others. Good regular maintenance will also keep visitors coming back. Keep your website attractive, current, and always aim to attract new visitors to it.
Maintenance can consist of minor text changes or additions to graphics, photographs or new page content, etc.
What is included in this agreement:
• Graphics & photograph updates – adding, editing and sizing of any pictures / animations to the existing website which does not fall under the scope of the layout or actual design of existing website.
• Website Content Updates – adding, editing and/or removing any text or copy on the existing site including any articles, reports, contact information and product or service description.
• Script / Program Updates – adding, editing, removing and installing any scripts, programs or software to the existing website can be done under the scope of this contract provided it does not change the overall design or look of the site more than 30%. If this will change the existing website more than 30% then it would fall under the scope of a New or Redesign Contract.
• Services We Include :
– We monitor your web site weekly and upon your request.
– We check for and fix any broken links.
– We check for poor images and replace as required.
– We update your sitemap.
– We update all site software three times per week.
– We backup your site.
– We will test all e-mail accounts (requires you to confirm receipt).
– We will your server and make any server changes required.
– We will make minor changes to sentence or paragraph wording.
– We update anything you request that takes less than the allotted time.
* Any additional text / alterations or images required or requested will be charged at an hourly rate. Minimum time charge is one hour.
What is NOT included in the agreement:
• Web site redesign, re-alignment or re-development
• Website Marketing – the scope of this contract does not include making any changes to existing Meta-tags, Alt-tags, Titles, Keywords or Page Descriptions. These tasks fall under the scope of Search Engine Optimization and require a different contract.
• CMS design (content management systems) or integration including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts and web forums. These require a separate design agreement.
Jam88 shall provide the client with minor updates to the web site for the period of the contract. After that time a new agreement must be drawn up. Minor updates should not exceed more than 50% of the content on any single site page.
During the duration of this contract, the client agrees that the Jam88 will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the web site, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party other than Jam88 makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created will be repaired but will be charged for at the hourly rate specified in the contract.
Deadlines & Deliverables:
Jam88 will respond to all maintenance requests from “The Client” within 24 hours on weekdays, via email or phone, with a confirmation that the request was received, and an estimated completion date for each action item in the request. Maintenance requests received after 2:00pm may not be completed until the next business day unless prior arrangements have been made.
Jam88 will adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the maintenance requests at all possible costs. In the event that Jam88 has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, the client will be notified via email or telephone with the reasons for any changes.
Any revisions, additions or redesign the client requests Jam88 to perform that are not specified in the agreement shall be considered “additional” and will require separate agreement and payment. Jam88 shall advise the client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
No work will be done if the account is in arrears. Bills are to be paid in full without deduction.
Jam88 will perform it’s obligations in a professional and timely manner but is subject to many external factors that may impinge on the service delivery. A 99% ‘Uptime’ guarantee allows for over three and a half days of downtime per year. We too are human and realise the importance of your website to you and your business.